The DevOps team, working as part of Chainlink Infrastructure, enables the Chainlink development and maintains services that support the most widely-adopted oracle network in the world. As a service-oriented team, we are using Infrastructure-as-Code and GitOps approaches to build a self-service platform that allows other teams to deploy their own services at their convenience, but we are just as happy to jump in and get our hands dirty when our help is needed.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the team’s productivity, happiness, and growth. You will be setting and overseeing the team’s goals together with the technical lead, as well as contributing to the overall infrastructure strategy. While this role is primarily that of a people manager, we would expect you to have at least some prior experience with cloud infrastructure as a DevOps Engineer or an SRE.
We all have different backgrounds and are determined to help you succeed no matter where you are or who you are. If you think you would do a great job at Chainlink, we are looking forward to speaking with you, even if you don’t match 100% of the job requirements: those describe people we’ve usually had a great time working with in this role, but they’re not a tick-box exercise.
- Be a leader. You will help set the team objectives and make sure that the team is clear on what the objectives are—and, more importantly, why
- Be a mentor. You will work with engineers on their growth and development, making sure that everyone receives timely feedback and has a clear growth plan
- Be a force multiplier. You will continuously remove blockers and obstacles, both internal and cross-team, so that everyone can do their best work
- 2+ years of experience leading or managing DevOps/SRE teams and 5+ years of engineering experience overall. The ideal candidate for this role should be able to lead and mentor senior engineers
- Experience with modern cloud infrastructure. Ideally, you have been working as a DevOps engineer or an SRE prior to moving into management; you don’t need to have a lot of hands-on experience, but you do need to have a solid understanding of our stack (AWS, Github Actions, Kubernetes, Terraform, Grafana/Prometheus)
- Experience managing remote teams. Our team is fully remote and highly distributed geographically, and so are our stakeholders. You should be very familiar with both the advantages and the challenges that remote can bring
- Strong passion for blockchain, DeFi, and the overall future of Web3. It will be hard to be successful at this role if you don’t understand what we are doing and why.
- Software engineering degree / comp science background
- Startup experience
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper
. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.