We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our team at Payoneer Merchant Services.
We’re a distributed team, hiring people to work from home – though we have a rather nice office in Munich where we hope to have occasional meetups soon!
We’re currently in the process of building out our distributed hiring operations, so for now we are only hiring managers who live and work in Germany or the UK, though we hope to add additional locations to this list soon.
Who we are
Payoneer Merchant Services is Payoneer’s Payment Orchestration Provider (POP) offering an open and provider-independent payment platform to help businesses integrate multiple payment gateways, providers, and methods on a global scale. Our platform guarantees online businesses more freedom of choice and a reduced complexity in their payment transactions. We provide intelligent payment solutions and tools to enable cross provider controlling and scoring, and to help customers reduce their operating costs.
With over 100 employees from 32 countries, our team is truly international in every sense of the word. With an experienced team of motivated online payment professionals, we bundle a unique and profound know-how with respect to online payments and e-commerce.
What we have
We have a hybrid colocated/distributed group of software engineers, working closely with the product team. Within that, we have a variety of cross-functional teams. Right now the engineers report directly to the VP of Engineering – we want you to change that.
What we require from you
- Good command of spoken and written English, our chosen language of communication.
- Previous people-management experience. Right now we’re not in a position to take people new to management.
- Good communication skills.
- An understanding of building software for the internet – we don’t expect you to be or have been any kind of software engineer, but we need you to have been part of the overall process and know what it’s like.
Things you’ll do
- Be the line-manager for individual Engineers on the team, responsible for their career development, goals, objectives, bonuses etc.
- Be responsible for the performance and delivery of the team
- Ensure the team is balancing their time commitments appropriately, between maintenance and feature development, product-driven initiatives, engineering-driven initiatives, self-development, and more
- Run and facilitate the team’s delivery process, soliciting input from Product Owners, Tech Leads, Architects and more
- Be the primary contact point for the team
What we would like to see from you
These aren’t requirements, just things we’d particularly like to see – please don’t let anything here put you off applying:
If you’d like to apply, please send us your CV and cover letter! Any questions, just get in touch.
Please do include a cover letter – just a few short sentences on how you see us working together.