Defiant is a small, dynamic, fast-growing, and profitable company with loyal customers who love our products and services. We are the global leader in WordPress security, protecting over 4 million websites on over 12,000 networks and in every country in the World. Our product brand name is Wordfence and is known and loved by many in the WordPress community.
In August, Wordfence Intelligence launched officially at Black Hat 2022 in Las Vegas, where we were an exhibitor. We are hiring an enterprise account executive for Wordfence Intelligence. You will be the founding member of our sales team and will work with our enterprise customers to better understand their needs and to help secure their customers using the data that Wordfence Intelligence provides.
Web hosting companies and enterprise network defenders have a unique challenge when defending their networks, servers, and customers. Thanks to end-to-end encryption, they can not see inside HTTPS connections that are transitioning their network and connecting to their server infrastructure. Thus, they can not differentiate between an attack and legitimate Web traffic. This applies specifically to hosting providers, and cloud providers, where the customer operates the server instance or application and the host or cloud provider does not have OS access. This problem exists because Web traffic is end-to-end encrypted from the web browser to the server, where TLS is terminated, and the connection is decrypted.
Wordfence has unique situational awareness that many other enterprises don’t have. Wordfence is an endpoint security product that executes after TLS terminates. In other words, we can see attacks across the 4 million web servers we are protecting on over 12,000 networks. We can see the exploit, which malware payload was used, and many other attack heuristics that are incredibly valuable when defending web applications. This data is critical for any enterprise defending Web applications.
Wordfence runs on WordPress, but we have visibility on any attack targeting web applications on port 443, including Log4J, VMWare exploits, and more. Wordfence Intelligence provides the missing situational awareness that Hosting providers and Enterprise network defenders need to protect their web applications, web services, and customers.
Wordfence Intelligence is a set of data feeds that include the following:
- An IP Threat Feed provides comprehensive data on where attacks originate from, which exploits are being used, and attack volume for each exploit during the past 4 hours, 24 hours, seven days, and 30 days. This product applies to hosting providers and any enterprise defending Web applications or services.
- Our complete set of over 5,000 PHP malware signatures for hosting providers defending PHP applications.
- Our comprehensive and current WordPress vulnerability database for hosting providers defending WordPress.
This data is available via a REST API and a set of Web hooks. Wordfence Intelligence is unique in the industry because it is derived from the unique visibility that Wordfence has on attacks globally, targeting Web applications. You will be working with enterprise customers to help them understand the benefits and better protect their customers.
Salary: $120K to $140K per year plus an exciting commission structure and excellent benefits.
This position requires that you be eligible to work in the US without immigration assistance and that you currently live in the US. You must be open to traveling domestically and internationally to meet customers and attend industry events. Public speaking engagements may be required, and you may be required to present to customers on-site or at conferences.
As an Enterprise Account Executive at Wordfence, you will:
- Connect with current leads to better understand their needs and ultimately get a contract in place with the customer to deploy Wordfence Intelligence within their infrastructure and/or products.
- Develop a consistent stream of new leads from a range of sources, both inbound and outbound.
- Work with our media team to create inbound and outbound media that enable and accelerate the sales process.
- Define and monitor our sales KPIs and work with leadership to monitor and react to trends and opportunities the data reveals.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Minimum 5 years Sales experience or similar experience in an applicable role.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A technical background in operations, software development, security analysis or similar applicable field that will allow you to understand and communicate the value of the product to the customer, and advise our enterprise customers on their use of Wordfence Intelligence.
- High energy with a focus on making new friends, understanding enterprise customer needs, and closing deals.
- Experience with Hubspot, Salesforce or similar.
- Attention to detail, follow-through, and accountability.
- Comfortable with in-person and remote sales.
- Experience presenting to a room or virtually.
- Experience public speaking is preferred.
- Metrics driven and goal oriented.
All positions require a trial period of approximately 2-3 weeks with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week. You will be paid for this short-term contract, and it will be used to evaluate whether both parties want to pursue an ongoing, regular employment relationship.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background check. The results of the background check are considered as they relate to the position and do not automatically disqualify someone from a offer of employment with the company.
- Full time telecommuting and flexible working hours, with a company that has been 100% remote for over 8 years.
- 100% employee premium and 50% of dependent premium paid by company for premier- level medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 21 days PTO per year to start.
- Approximately 12 paid company holidays including the week from December 25 to January 1.
- 401(k) with a 4% Safe Harbor company match that is 100% vested immediately.
- Latest in laptop and workstation technology.
- Wellness reimbursement program for health and fitness purchases.
- Mobile phone and internet reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Monthly beverage reimbursement for coffee, tea, water, etc.
- Paid training and study time for work-related training and certifications.
- College tuition and Student Loan reimbursement.
Diversity at Defiant
We value diversity and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, economic status, parental status, or any other non-performance-related status.