Melon Cube Studios is looking for a Game Level Designer for a highly-anticipated game. We are currently leading the way in GameFi by developing an innovative top-down RPG pixel title, with the game having support from some of the largest and most well known investors in the gaming industry.
We are looking for an experienced and talented level designer to join our team. You will be working on some exciting puzzles and levels. In this position, you’ll be bringing to play your amazing creativity and aesthetics to create the best gaming experiences.
The salary for this position is between $40,000 to $60,000 a year, depending on experience. You’ll also be offered generous equity and this position is a completely remote job.
In This Role You Will
- Create gameplay scenarios that highlight the core mechanics and creative vision of the game
- Work hand-in-hand with the game design, art, and engineering leads to create engaging levels, in line with the creative direction
- Understand and apply guidelines for creating original level layouts within the game to support specific gameplay rules or playstyles
- Demonstrate mastery of level design processes including, but not limited to, level flow, engagement design, pacing, storytelling, etc
- Test your work and be responsible for highlighting and documenting bugs
- Write detailed design documentations on game concepts and levels
What We Offer:
- True remote working – work from anywhere in the world
- Fully flexible hours
- Work with a passionate team in a cutting-edge industry
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience as a game level designer
- Experience with designing RPG games with a history of well designed games
- Possess a great understanding of game levels, level layouts, drawing maps, architecture, and other design areas related to game level design
- Strong ability to use puzzles and gameplay to create interesting narratives
- Basic to advanced drawing skills to communicate ideas visually
- Basic understanding of pixel art.
- Thrives on working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Love of video games and the craft of level design.