Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
The Patient Access Network (PAN) Foundation is an independent, national 501 (c)(3) organization dedicated to helping federally and commercially insured people living with life-threatening, chronic and rare diseases with the out-of-pocket costs for their prescribed medications. Partnering with generous donors, healthcare providers and pharmacies, PAN provides the underinsured population access to the healthcare treatments they need to best manage their conditions and focus on improving their quality of life. Since its founding in 2004, PAN has provided nearly 1 million underinsured patients with over $3 billion in financial assistance, through close to 70 disease-specific programs.
PAN is committed to recruiting a highly talented and diverse staff on the grounds of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. PAN offers a highly competitive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401k with employer match, a flexible spending account, and more.
The IT Specialist is responsible for working with PAN’s managed services vendor in applying PAN’s security policies and implementing enhanced security measures. The IT Specialist will be PAN’s SME on Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, SharePoint and Teams. They will be responsible for implementing workflow solutions using SharePoint and Teams; troubleshooting Microsoft Teams and Outlook issues; and managing PAN’s Microsoft retention policy solution. The IT Specialist will also be responsible for implementing and managing a user management process across a portfolio of applications. They will be responsible for working with PAN’s Director of IT and managed services vendor on implementing IT projects as the organization continues to mature its IT environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support PAN’s IT security program by managing the implementation and adherence of PAN’s IT security policy.
- Develop and update PAN’s IT policies, and SOPs.
- Support PAN’s IT audits and manage its response to audit observations.
- Manage user access for PAN’s internal systems.
- Monitor and manage user access to PAN’s systems using Microsoft’s Intune.
- Utilize Microsoft SharePoint and Teams to develop solutions to optimize PAN’s business processes.
- Manage Microsoft’s Information Governance retention policies.
- Coordinate the purchase and distribution of PC hardware to PAN’s employees.
- Troubleshoot PAN employee’s PC hardware issues.
- Manage the communications between vendors and PAN staff related to system down time due to maintenance or system failures.
- Interact with internal staff and vendors to resolve customer issues/inquiries, provide feedback and close loop.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
- 1-3 years’ experience supporting an organization’s IT needs.
- Familiarity with best practices around IT security.
- Experience managing and administering SharePoint sites, specifically, site management, user management, creating automation workflows and managing document libraries.
- Experience working with Microsoft retention policies.
- Experience managing and administering Microsoft team rooms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with MS Power Apps, Yammer, Planner, OneNote, Google suite for business, adobe and tableau – is desired.
- Experience performing Salesforce user management tasks.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- PC hardware management and troubleshooting experience a plus.
- Excellent organization and coordination skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight timelines.
- Ability to multi-task in a cross functional environment.
- Ability to prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Possess strong behavioral skills: attention to detail, proactiveness, inquisitive, analytical thinking, etc.
- Certifications for CompTIA Security+ a plus.
Reports to: Director of IT
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.