Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
Lead Solr Engineer
We are looking for a data-driven, operations-oriented, engineer to maintain, enhance and scale our industry-leading real estate search platform. In this role, you will design, implement, and maintain Solr collections and data pipelines to present our customers with near real-time access to thousands of data sources.
At PropertyRadar, we are on a mission to provide small businesses with better access to the opportunities found in public records. We’ve been doing it for real estate investors, Realtors, mortgage brokers, home service companies, and others on the west coast since 2007. We expanded nationally in 2020.
As the Lead Solr Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining and growing our industry lead, with opportunities to push technical boundaries and give back to the community.
If you’re interested in advancing your career at a growing and profitable company, read on.
- Significant experience working as an Apache Solr developer.
- In-depth understanding of Solr, ElasticSearch, and Lucene.
- Extensive experience with SQL and optimizing query performance.
- Proficient in Java, JVM tuning, and debugging.
- Good knowledge of automation and tooling using Python or Java.
- Understanding of Linux for debugging and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of containers such as Kubernetes, or Docker is a plus.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with SolrCloud Clusters, Zookeeper, Kafka, Pulsar a plus.
Things You Might Do
Despite being founded in 2006, PropertyRadar still runs like a startup, so you’ll get experience with a little bit of everything. That said, here are some things you’ll do:
- Design, develop and maintain new search functionality.
- Design and maintain Solr schemas and configuration.
- Apply indexing and search tuning strategies. (tokenization, synonyms)
- Design and implement indexing data pipelines.
- ETL workflows from Relational Databases using SQL.
- Near Real Time (NRT) replication using one or more streaming technologies.
- Deploy and populate new collections and reindex existing collections as needed.
- Collaborate with API engineers to implement search features, assisting with query design and testing as needed.
- Write automated unit tests.
Benefits and Perks
- PropertyRadar is fully remote, with hubs in Truckee, CA, Portland, OR, and San Luis Obispo, CA.
- Paid time off & holidays.
- Competitive medical, dental, vision, and 401K benefits.
- Educational & home office setup credit.
- Company Offsite.