Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8)
Why we want to hire this role now
We started Chameleon
after being frustrated at poor user onboarding, and feeling required to speak with sales before we could start using new products.
As engineers, we want to solve the hardest problems, and apply our creativity to design beautiful software. It’s tedious to build and maintain tooltips, or banners, so we built Chameleon to let the product people handle that independently, while letting engineers focus on the core value proposition a product provides.
Chameleon exists as a layer between our customers’ web applications and their users. This means that the software we build is for our thousands of customers and tens of millions of their end-users.
As we gain more customers, they require our software to handle more and growing use cases. The way web applications are built is changing rapidly; UX patterns are getting smarter; organizations are embracing the product-led movement.
- As software becomes more self-serve, we will stay ahead of the curve to to better enable software around the world.
We are looking for a Senior Front-end Engineer who thrives in a remote startup environment, is passionate about building great software, and enjoys a wide variety of problems.
You will be a key member of our engineering team, work closely with our CTO and enable us to improve our product velocity.
What you will do specifically
You’ll be primarily working closely with the Product team on our React web-app in a modern tech stack.
Key activities we expect you to be doing include:
- Work on our customer dashboard building new UI/UX
- Create, build and maintain reusable React components
- Write testable well documented code
- Make customer experience with Chameleon memorable and lovable
- Support keeping our platform secure and reliable
Skills and experience that will aid success in this role
- 6+ years working full-time as a front-end engineer and 4+ years React experience
- Experience leading / collaborating with other engineers (Tuple)
- Fluency with React / JS / HTML / CSS. Opinionated about the right way to JS.
- Comfort and experience working with testing suites (Cypress, Jest)
- Independent and self-motivated mindset; proactive in finding solutions while able to structure your own work with minimal management
- Be able to provide guidance and answers the first time, see blind spots and complexity before it impacts the flow of work
- Derives joy and pride from refactoring and improving important code.
- You have a fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (and take calls) with a high-speed internet connection
- You are in an Americas timezone (EST, CST, MST, PST).
- This is your full-time job (no other part-time roles)
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English
Learn more about our team, culture, and vision in our company page.
We believe individuals are so much more than their labels, and encourage candidates from all walks of life (all genders, ethnicities, ages, educational backgrounds, sexual orientations etc.) as we strive to build a diverse team. If you’re unsure, just apply!