Mailshake is seeking a highly organized and motivated QA Manager to help us ensure a high-level of quality for our simple yet powerful sales engagement software for sales professionals. You’ll work closely with members of the Product and Engineering teams to understand feature requirements and establish appropriate test cases for us to continue providing our customers with a great user experience.
About the Position
As our QA Manager, you’ll have the following primary accountabilities:
- Testing strategy and planning
- Testing tools and automation
- Test cases and tests repository
- Go/No-Go release decisions
The QA Manager oversees all QA-related tasks and activities for our sales engagement software, including managing a team of QA testers and automation engineers. As a key staff member you’ll identify gaps in feature acceptance criteria, provide feedback on the product, and help implement process changes for continuous improvement.
You’ll work closely with your team to write and review test cases for features, provide estimates for testing time, triage and manage the bug list, and help perform manual and automated testing when needed. You’ll also participate in product design reviews, feature kickoff meetings, and playtest sessions, all of which will contribute to your team’s testing plans.
This is a remote-only position and thus requires the ability to communicate effectively without being in-person. You should be able to work with minimal supervision and rely on your team to do the same, but also stay in touch with them to monitor progress and make adjustments to workloads when necessary.
- Define the testing strategy and planning for delivering high-quality software.
- Establish appropriate testing tools for manual and automated testing.
- Create, review, and maintain a suite of test cases and tests repository.
- Create and review detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured defects and test plans.
- Have the final say on go/no-go decisions for releasing features to production.
- Manage and triage the priority bug list.
- Maintain a QA scorecard for tracking issues and bugs.
- Review and triage issues reported by internal users and customers.
- Create acceptance criteria based on product requirements.
- Help perform manual and automated testing when required.
- Work with your team on their career paths and goals.
- Identify growth opportunities for your team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with Jira or other Kanban board style software.
- Experience testing web-based applications.
- Experience using Chrome Dev Tools for inspecting browser errors and issues.
- Experience with Cypress, Selenium, Protractor, or other automated testing tools.
- Experience using Postman to test APIs.
Nice To Haves
- Prior remote, work-from-home experience.
- Prior work in a SaaS company.
- Experience with running tools and scripts from the command line.
- Knowledge of SQL and how to run database queries.
Mailshake is a profitable, bootstrapped, and fast-growing startup looking to expand our product offering with the feedback of thousands of happy customers. We believe in putting our customers first, tackling tough problems head on, and simply trusting our employees to get stuff done. We offer flexible schedules, paid maternity/paternity leave, medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, and other perks that come with being a remote company.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Mailshake, we respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to build better products and a better overall company. Mailshake is an Equal Opportunity Employer.