You’ll help customers use TinyPilot’s software and hardware products. Your typical tasks will include:
- Assist users who request support in TinyPilot’s Help Forum.
- Assist users who email TinyPilot’s support email.
- Add and maintain support articles.
- Create tutorials for customers (like this one).
The time commitment is 10-20 hours per week.
- Fully remote work
- Flexible hours
- Minimal meetings (once a month check-ins)
- No on-call rotation
- Free TinyPilot Voyager 2
- Work with a growing, bootstrapped startup
- Strong written English
- Comfort with the Linux OS
- Comfort with common UNIX utilities (e.g., grep, curl, apt)
- At least two hours of overlap with TinyPilot’s working hours (9am-6pm, New York time zone)
- Experience using a Raspberry Pi
- Experience writing bash scripts
- Experience using HelpScout
- Complete an application form.
- If you’re a good match, I’ll send you a list a of three actual support requests TinyPilot has received, and you’ll draft responses.
- This should take 30-60 minutes.
- If your sample answers are strong, I’ll make you an offer to work on a trial basis at full pay.
- If I decide not to move forward with your application, I’ll still provide constructive feedback about the answers you provided.
- After a few weeks, we decide whether to continue working together long-term.
Michael Lynch, TinyPilot’s founder reads every application personally
If you take the time to write me a note about this specific position, I’ll send you an individualized note back, even if I decide not to move forward with your application.