helps companies monitor and optimize the speed of their websites. Typical users of our product are front-end developers, technical SEOs, and business owners.
We’re looking for someone who wants to develop a deep understanding of web performance and create technical content on this topic. For example, you could write an in-depth guide on how to optimize the Largest Contentful Paint metric or investigate the impact Chrome extensions have on website performance.
DebugBear is a small business with two people currently working full time. You will be working directly with the founder and have a big impact on how we grow and reach more customers.
DebugBear is fully remote, but we expect at least 4 hours of overlap with UK work hours.
About the role
- Write articles on web performance
- Interpret the results of web performance tests
- Improve existing content and keep it up to date
As part of writing an article, you might:
- Discuss ideas for new articles
- Research the topic and what has been written about it across the web
- Create a test website to experiment with a browser feature
- Write a script that runs Lighthouse tests on 100 URLs in a CSV
- Create an outline, write the article, and add a screenshot to illustrate the article
- Make edits in response to feedback
At its core, this is a growth marketing role, but we deeply value high-quality technical content. For more examples of the type of articles you might work on, check out the blog
and site speed documentation
Depending on business needs and the work you like to do, you may also:
- Build free tools for testing site performance
- Support customers with web performance problems
- Maintain product documentation
- Create videos if that’s something you’re interested in
There’s a lot of flexibility in this role and we’ll discuss what you’re looking for as part of the interview process.
- Front-end development experience
- Experience writing technical articles
- Excellent written English
- Communicate frequently and proactively
- Experience optimizing site speed and Core Web Vitals
- Basic design skills to create graphics and diagrams to illustrate the content (example) or to create Open Graph images
What we offer
- Fully remote
- 30 days off a year